Connecting people to people and people to place...
• Central Coast, NSW
5 Lands Walk is committed to ensuring that all walkers stay safe during these unprecedented times.
As a result, we are implementing the following controls. These controls will be updated as necessary.
Face MasksPlease note that the wearing of face masks is mandatory when:
• Attending meetings in enclosed areas
• Attending Art Exhibitions in the Copacabana, Avoca Beach & North Avoca Surf Clubs
• Travelling on buses around the 5 Lands Walk
Attendance at Committee Meetings
• Chairs & tables are to be sprayed & wiped before and after use - disinfectant spray to be supplied by Con Ryan
• Hand sanitiser to be used - supplied by Con Ryan
• As of 2nd January 2021, for the Greater Sydney Region (including the Central Coast) all indoor premises are restricted to 1 person per 4 square metres
• Attendance list to be recorded in the minutes of each meeting
• Anyone attending meetings via video link are exempt from the above protocol
Opening Ceremony - The Opening Ceremony will begin at 5pm at Avoca Beach.
• Setup will begin at 4.30pm
• All participants will be required to register / "sign-in" via a QR Code at Surf Club marquees positioned at the lead on to Avoca Beach.
• Hand sanitiser will be available.
• BYO beach chair and refreshments.
• 2 COVID-Safe Marshalls to patrol the Beach to ensure that social distancing is being observed.
The Launch of the Connections & Ephemera Art Exhibitions will take place in the Avoca Beach Surf Lifesaving Club after the Opening Ceremony is completed.
• Patrons entering the Avoca Beach Surf Lifesaving Club are controlled by the club’s COVID-19 Safety Plan which currently states that a maximum of 70 can attend.
• Patrons will need to register / "sign-in" on the Surf Club QR Code to enter the Avoca Beach Surf Lifesaving Club House.
• A COVID-Safe Marshall will count and record the numbers of people entering & leaving the Surf Club.
5 Lands Walk - Buses
• Bus terminuses at Crowne Plaza, The Haven and the Ferry Street Wharf Bus Stop at Ettalong.
• Social Distancing indicators of 1.5 metres are to be marked on the ground and observation of the distancing is to be monitored by COVID-19 Safety Marshalls.
• CCGS volunteers will collect COVID-19 QR registrations / "sign-ins" from walkers lined up in bus queues. 4 volunteers at Crowne Plaza, 2 each at the Haven and Ferry Street Wharf Ettalong.
• A COVID-19 Safety Marshall needs to be in attendance at each Bus Terminus.
• The program at each Land and Captain Cook Lookout needs to be critiqued to identify social distancing hotspots.
• Programs need to be altered to eliminate any hot spots.
• Art exhibitions are held in Copacabana, Avoca Beach and North Avoca Surf Clubs.
• Patrons entering these Surf Clubs are controlled by the clubs’ COVID-19 Safety Plans which currently state that a maximum of 50 people can attend at Copacabana, 70 at Avoca Beach and 54 at North Avoca.
• Patrons will need to register via each Surf Club’s QR code to enter these Surf Clubs.
• A COVID-19 Safety Marshall will count and record the numbers of people entering & leaving the Surf Clubs.
• Patrons can register / "sign-in" for the 5LW on the QR code available at Information Marquees positioned at each of the Lands along the 5 Lands Walk.
• Hand sanitiser will be available.
5 Lands Weekend - Art Exhibitions
• The Connections & Ephemera Art Exhibitions will be open in the Avoca Beach Surf Club.
• Patrons entering the Avoca Beach Surf Club are controlled by the club’s COVID-19 Safety Plan which currently states a maximum of 70 can attend.
• Patrons will need to Register on the Surf Club’s QR code to enter the Avoca Beach Club House.
• A COVID-19 Safety Marshall will count the numbers of people entering & leaving the Surf Club.
Covid MarshalsOpening Ceremony at Avoca Beach
• 2 marshals to patrol crowd on beach to ensure social distancing
• 1 marshal to count people entering and leaving the Connections Art Exhibition in the Avoca Beach Surf Club to mmaintain a maximum of 70
• Total of 3 marshals 5 Lands Walk
• 1 marshal to be in attendance at each bus terminal - Crowne Plaza, The Haven & Ferry Street Wharf bus stop (3 total)
• 1 marshal to count people entering and leaving the Art Exhibitions in the surf clubs to maintain a maximum of 50 at Copacabana, 70 at Avoca and 54 at North Avoca (3 total)
• 1 marshal to be in attendance at each land & Captain Cook Lookout to ensure social distancing (6 total)
• Total of 12 marshals
5 Lands Weekend
• 1 marshal to count people entering and leaving the Art Exhibition in the Avoca Beach surf club to maintain a maximum of 70
• Total of 1 marshal